A picture is worth a thousand words and these images certainly convey their message better than any description!
These may be rare photos, but they document events that rocked the modern world and had a profound effect on anyone who was alive at the time: photographers who snapped both famous and anonymous people telling history exactly like it was in order to give the rest of us a fascinating and important insight into our past.
1. 'The Troubles'... Irish kids provoke British troops in Derry, Northern Ireland in 1972
2. A Native American Indian telephone operator in Montana in 1925
3. Military life during the First World War... Dinner in the trenches in 1915
4. 1966, the year when Muhammad Ali knocked out Cleveland Williams during the 3rd round
5. A Nazi rally at the infamous 'Cathedral of Light' in 1937
6. Kurt Cobain goofing around with Ronald McDonald in Singapore in 1992
7. Two historical moments in one 1944 photo: American B-25's fly over Italy as Mount Vesuvius erupts!
8. A terrifying yet beautiful photo taken in 1917 towards the end of the First World War
9. A re-colored photo of Union soldiers in 1862
10. A 1985 image published in Ebony magazine predicting what Michael Jackson would look like in the year 2000
11. Young people in Leningrad prepare for war in 1937
12. JFK's funeral at the Capitol Building in 1963
13. 1970 and the first interracial marriage in Mississippi
14. An anti-racism protest in Greensboro, Northern Carolina in 1960
15. In 1943, Roza Georgiyevna Shanina was considered to be one of the Russian army's best snipers
16. December 5th 1933 marked the end of Prohibition!
17. A 1941 re-colored photo of Ruth Lee, a waitress who would walk around Miami with a Chinese flag so that people didn't assume she was Japanese
18. 1937... A huge crowd packs Madison Square Garden (New York) for an anti-Nazi rally
19. Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, enjoys a cigar in 1969
20. A re-colored World War 2 photo of a soldier eating turkey during Thanksgiving
21. A re-colored photo of Winston Churchill and Charlie Chaplin on the set of City Lights in 1929
22. People celebrate V-E day in Times Square in May 1945
23. An 1895 re-colored photo of the Jewish neighborhood's market in Upper Eastside, New York
24. Hiroshima, before and after the atomic bomb was dropped in 1945
25. 1918 and the day a German submarine ran aground on the southern coast of England just after the First World War ended
26. Newlyweds in Warsaw, Poland
27. The oldest aerial photo in existence: Boston in 1860
28. A young girl tries to cut a ray of sunshine in 1886
29. A Chicago mother hides her face and cries after she's obliged to put her children up for sale...
30. Sarajevo in 1941: a Muslim woman protects her Jewish neighbor by covering her Star of David
31. The 3rd Reich commemorates its veterans in 1939
32. An Australian orphan receives a new pair of shoes in 1946
33. A hotel owner pours acid over two black women swimming in a whites-only pool in California in 1964
34. In 1960, Anne Frank's father visited the attic where he and his family hid from the Nazis