The advent of cell phones with cameras combined with our Instagram-happy world has turned many an amateur snapper into a talented photographer, but 9 times out of 10 we resort to Photoshop to retouch our shots to perfection. That said, whether we're a pro or not, good old fashioned patience combined with a creative flair means we can all strive to take the perfect Photoshop-free photo.
By way of proof, here are 29 jaw-dropping professional and amateur photographs that haven't been retouched.
1. It took the right setting, great surf and several tries in order to get the perfect Lotus Pose!
2. These crayfish are just crawling around a metal bucket and not giant aliens about to invade the Earth
3. Chile's Puyehue Cordón Caulle volcano mid-eruption!
4. This photo was taken during a Royal Navy celebration in the UK
© Dave Jankins
5. Calmly floating down a swampy river, surrounded by a misty landscape
6. No retouch here, just the art of using a long exposure
7. Underneath a wave in Hawaii, USA
8. This statue of Jesus Christ is 8 1/2 foot tall and stands majestically amongst the coral reefs off Key Largo in Florida, USA
9. When the residents of Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia, woke up to find their city under water
© Ales Komovec / Solent / Legion-Media
10. The exact moment when a bubble bursts
11. No, it's not an explosion or eruption - just a gorgeous mountain sunset!
© Corey Arnold
12. When a birch leaf in a frozen puddle turns into a work of art
13. Vietnamese fishnet makers hard at work! We also love the vintage sewing machine!
14. Mount Bromo, an active Indonesian volcano, often spews smoke into the air
© Guillaume Buret
15. Winter is coming in Colorado, USA
16. The awesome Northern Lights in Norway - one for the bucket list!
17. When a tennis ball succumbs to the laws of gravity
© (?) Abhijeet Kumar
18. Ants in Malaysia gather round a 'puddle' of honey
19. The Chiang Mai Lantern Festival in Thailand
20. Approaching the Milky Way
21. Fireflies dancing around a bridge on River Shimanto in Japan
© (?) Takehito Miyatake
22. A huge fever of manta rays gliding through the ocean's depths
© (?) Eduardo Lopez Negrete
23. Mount Fuji's shadow... A mind-blowing 15 miles long!
© (?) Kris Boorman
24. Sunrise in Bushy Park in London, UK
© (?) Max Ellis
25. Meditating with a manta ray
26. Where the desert meets the sea in southern Africa
© Roberto Sysa Moiola
27. An Airbus A380 doing a vertical take-off
28. The exact moment you pop a water-filled balloon over a child's head!
29. The Little House on the Prairie...
Photo credit: imgur