Designers don’t just make everyday objects look better, sometimes they also make them more practical. We’ve found 28 objects that have been redone by designers that will surprise you.
It's beautiful, simple, and useful, but it’s about time someone thought of it...
1. An elegant and retractable socket cover
2. A Rubik's Cube for the blind: finally someone thought of it
3. A compact keychain that fits in your pocket
4. A jacket that shows where the biker is going to turn or brake
5. Smart socks that count your steps and warn you if you get injured
6. A nice cube that doubles as a network splitter
7. A key ring that serves as a weapon in case of danger
8. 2-in-1 coffee: it’s instant and comes in a straw
9. Everyone needs an extra lamp when moving: it is formed from the cardboard that the bulb comes in. Who would’v ever thought?!
10. A soap dispenser-grater
11. A staircase with drawers: a way to store everything in style
12. A dumbbell that quenches your thirst: you have no more excuses!
13. A tape dispenser that holds the end of the tape
14. These tires are perfect for driving through construction: no air, so no punctures from nails
15. A portable calendar stamp to bring to all your meetings
16. A brilliant idea: bulbs that inflate as the light gets brighter
17. For anyone who has trouble keeping track of their umbrella – this one has a very practical, moldable handle
18. For city-dwellers who like to ride their bikes, here’s an umbrella-sized bike that can easily be carried anywhere
19. A cheat-sheet table set that teaches you how to set the table
20. A built-In vacuum that removes what you sweep up
21. Unbelievable: a crutch that frees your arms and lets you feel like a pirate
22. With this ingenious system, your seat serves as a bike lock, so now both are safe!
23. So you can open boxes with your finger
24. A to-go coffee thermos that clings to you
25. A bottle opener that saves the caps: less cleaning up after a party with your friends
26. Awesome: a T-shirt that tells when you’ve sweated enough at the gym
27. An improvement on the traditional baby shower cap: now the water stays out of their eyes
28. A faucet extension that lets your kids wash their hands on their own