Most of us live in countries where we enjoy scorching summers, but we often forget that some parts of the world are baking hot all-year-round. To give you some idea of what 'baking hot' means, the Guinness Book of World Records states the highest air temperature ever recorded on Earth is a sweltering 133°F! In other words, hot enough to fry an egg (and us!!!).
In honor of those of you who can't live without air-conditioning, here are 30 photos that anyone who lives in a tropical country will understand!
1. How to ensure you're fully protected!
2. Melbourne Zoo gives its lions frozen blood ice cubes to cool them down on hot days
3. Seagulls love a bit of ice cream to cool themselves down!
4. It took 3 hours, but yes it was hot enough to fry an egg!
5. Putting frozen toys into a bowl of water is a great way to get your pets to drink!
6. When it's scorching hot, but you really want to reach the next level...
7. Even sheep will use water fountains during a heatwave
8. You can never have too many fans...
9. It can get so hot in India that sometimes the roads melt...
10. Give your British Bulldog a refreshing ice cube bath!
11. No air-con? Just take a block of ice to bed with you!
12. On a serious note, plunging your hands and feet into cold water can help avoid heatstroke!
13. The temperature of the tarmac in this Australian town reached 158°F!
14. The pastor of this Queensland church couldn't even manage to change the sign!
15. These students were banned from wearing shorts to school, so they turned up in skirts!
16. When the Hampton weather forecast wants to make sure you stay indoors
17. When your puppy needs to cool down...
18. A melted ice cream van in Australia...
19. Why spend money on electricity when you can bake your cookies in your car for free!
20. Don't be surprised if you see drivers in Arizona wearing oven gloves
21. When blinds start to melt in Las Vegas
22. Always, we repeat, ALWAYS use sunscreen!
23. When the only cool place is the freezer
24. When it's so hot that your candles melt
25. Meanwhile in Canada some caribou enjoy a refreshing dip
26. When your cat prefers the fridge to their basket
27. Melted traffic lights in Kuwait...
28. Anything to create some shade...