None of us are perfect, but that doesn't stop some people from picking on others in their quest to be 'cool'... With the internet littered with trolls, bullying is rife, so it's a welcome relief to see people using humor and self-mockery to shut down their critics!
Here are 29 awesome people who overcame bullies and critics by using self-mockery with hilarious results! What about you? How do you react when someone picks on you or if you find yourself being mercilessly teased? Do you use self-mockery or do you tend to crawl away and hide?
1. When Harry Potter lines up for a photo with a fan that looks more like the character than the actor himself!
2. This teacher is the only one in the school who wears a headscarf - we just love her sense of humor!
3. “When I was 16, my parents commissioned my grandad to paint a portrait of me to raise my self-esteem. It did not.”
4. "This is why no one talks to me at school!"
5. When you're fed up of people asking you if you're pregnant just because you carry a little extra weight...
6. This lady tells people who comment on her really long arms that she doesn't need to bend down to do up her laces!
7. Oh the irony...
8. When you serve yourself a mug of irony
9. Don't you just love yearbook editors?
10. At least this employee can see the funny side!
11. When you get sunburned and your face swells up!
12. The camera never lies, although mirrors like to distort
13. When fortune cookies make fun of you!
14. A restaurant owner who knows how to welcome their regular customers!
15. Bet he never knew he had a twin
16. When you decide to celebrate your divorce with a special cake!
17. This guy was fed up with his students poking fun at his bald head, so came up with this genius idea!
18. How to alter a tattoo after a nasty break-up!
19. When you're determined to seduce the nurses!
20. Be different by dressing the same...
21. Do as I say, but not as I do!
22. Work out and enjoy a beer at the same time!
23. The coolest prosthetics doctor on the planet!
24. Correction... The camera does sometimes lie!
25. Seen on the Olathe Police website - “We’ve been training all year for this day.”
26. An anatomically perfect disguise
27. When DiCaprio won his first Oscar he asked the engraver “Do you make it every year? How would I know…”