There are thousands of things that we have never seen with our own eyes. Weird landscapes, species as unique as they are rare, mysteries that science has not yet managed to explain...
The great thing about today is that the internet and social networks mean we can observe the stranger things in life from the comfort of our own homes. If you need a taster, here's an awesome selection of rare sights caught on camera and shared across the world...
1. A venus fly trap munches on a wasp
2. Ever seen a feather star swim?
3. After a lightning strike!
4. A crayfish skeleton - wow!
5. Magic-free levitation
6. Fish vs mammal
7. Nope, this Rottweiler isn't covered in snow...
8. A sheet of dollar bills before they've been divided
9. Home-grown vs store-bought
10. Pompeii's streets show the marks of passing carriages
11. A shell-less egg
12. Electric underfloor heating
13. This shopping mall has spiral escalators
14. A purple grasshopper!
15. A nest inside a fence pole
16. Yes please!
17. A magnificent and very rare blue-eyed tortoise
18. How to cure boredom
19. When you don't realize there's a tear in your glove
20. Jupiter's southern pole!
21. No one's played on this for years...
22. A gym where you can run through water - much better for anyone with painful joints!
23. Yes, the Titanoboa did exist - a snake that was 12.8 m long and weighed 1,135 kg
24. A plastic bag on the seabed of the Mariana Trench...
25. A hurricane... On Saturn!
26. Grizzly bears run faster than Usain Bolt. In other words, they'll always catch their human prey!
27. The remains of a toucan