A lot of us get inked because we want to immortalize a significant moment in our lives. Our tattoos reflect our preferences, tastes, habits or even moments of happiness or extreme sadness. Maybe you're someone who decided to get a tattoo as a way to express your emotions or a moment that deeply affected your life?
We've put together a selection of 26 touching tattoos... Each one tells a story and they're a far cry from the designs that you'll see on display in your local tattoo studio!
1. “Dad passed away 3 years ago. I made a tattoo of his laugh on my arm, I have his smile and joy wherever I go now.”
2. This guy asked his friend about the meaning of his tattoo. Imagine his surprise when his pal explained that it reads ‘I don’t know, I don’t speak Chinese.’
3. “On her 90th birthday, grandma got her first tattoo. She chose a pink ribbon to signify her victory after a 5 year battle with cancer.”
4. “My brother drew this snowman when he was 5. He passed away 15 years later, but a part of him will always be with me.”
5. A tattoo designed to deliberately annoy perfectionists!
6. “My mom used to leave me little post-it notes. When she passed away, I copied one of them and made it my first tattoo.”
7. This girl's cat will always be with her!
8. This person's tattoo represents all the skylines of places they've lived
9. This guy got a tattoo in memory of his house, parents, and dog, who all died in an explosion. There’s the dog’s silhouette in a window, and his parents’ initials are on the tree, written in their handwriting.
10. This guy got inked 3 years' ago only to find the same image on a video game he later bought!
11. This person got a tattoo of their dog after it passed away
12. A blood donor with a very appropriate tattoo
13. “This is my first tattoo that represents my special bond with my brother. He passed away.”
14. “I'm Italian and understand English. It’s common to see tattoos in English that don’t make sense. Today, I found the winner.”
15. Oops, someone's in trouble!
16. Three brothers and three identical tattoos
17. We love his sense of humor
18. A tattoo for my two friends who got killed in a car accident last year."
19. This Californian wanted to take a bit of 'home' with them when they moved to Michigan.
20. An awesome way to deal with a birthmark!
21. “First tattoo at age 48, celebrating 25 years as a chemist.”
22. “My mom and dad had cancer at the same time. I made a tattoo in their memory. It’s a note dad wrote to my mom when they were too sick to visit each other.”
23. Turn a scar into a stunning tattoo!
24. “I celebrated my weight loss with a cute fat girl tattoo.”
25. Fellowship of the Ring... Amazing!
26. “I made a tattoo with my mom’s note for me and her last heartbeats.”