Whatever we make or build, once we leave it behind, Mother Nature will gradually take over, even if it takes decades. Tree roots may wear away at foundations and branches may burrow into objects, but the result is an often phenomenal work of art created by man meets nature. One for urban exploration fans!
Here are 26 photos of nature invading a man-made structure or object
1. The cooling tower in an abandoned Belgian nuclear power station
2. An abandoned piano in California
3. A temple at Angkor Wat in Cambodia
4. An abandoned railway station in Abkhazie
5. A lonely ferris wheel
6. An abandoned hotel room in Colombia
7. An abandoned mill in Sorrente, Italy
8. When tree roots invade
9. Flowering train tracks in Paris
10. An unusual 'parking lot' in Taiwan
11. A ship that was abandoned 102 years ago in Sydney, Australia
12. A bike-eating tree in Vashon, Washington
13. Sainte Marie Church in Belarus, as seen from below
14. When a seed germinates in a garbage disposer
15. The abandoned town of Keelung in Taiwan
16. This house in Florida
17. An old railway line in the heart of Ukraine
18. When a park bench disappears into a tree in Dublin
19. An abandoned hotel in Japan
20. Kolmanskop is an abandoned town in the Namibian desert
21. When carp invade a disused shopping mall in Bangkok
22. A neighborhood in Hong Kong
23. The Jeanette Jetty in Nags Heard, North Carolina as hurricane Sandy passed – photograph by Gerry Broome
24. When someone in Holland parked their bike and never came back
25. When you go away for a few months and come home to find this!
26. Nothing stops Mother Nature!
What about the times you've seen nature take over? Share your stories below!