Street art has taken urban jungles by storm... We're not talking about simple tags, but works that have propelled artists such as Banksy to celebrity status and encouraged a new generation to develop and show off their creative skills. Then there are those who may not have the necessary drawing skills, but use their clever wit to add humorous touches designed to brighten up the dullest of days!
So forget the Old Masters for a minute and check out these 25 examples of street art at its best. What do you think? Awesome art or a waste of paint?
1. When mice get ready for Christmas
2. Just remember that there may be consequences if you drive down this road!
3. When paving stones stop for a smoke
4. Because even humble dandelions need a bit of tender loving care
5. When a coat hook gets mad...
6. R.I.P. SpongeBob... Patrick Star's going to miss you!
7. "Don't worry, honey. It'll all work out for the best."
8. Great imagination!
9. When industry and biology work as a team
10. Make sure you eat your greens!
11. An incredible use of perspective!
12. "So what do you think of my new color?"
13. An awesome optical illusion that must have taken months to do!
Author: Radoslaw Barek
14. Art amongst the glaciers
15. Incredible mural to cheer up a dull part of Naples
16. Hard to believe that this isn't a photo!
17. When your school decides to liven up the handball court
18. Awesome pixel art-style mural
19. Superb use of a crumbling wall
20. You can 'feel' the water pouring down his face
21. Romeo in the 21st Century
22. "I'm watching you..."
23. Incredible use of detail for a realistic effect
24. Because all street artists start somewhere...
25. Save the planet! Even if it's only a tiny bit!
Authors: Lonac, Hula, Jorit AGOch, Seth Land, CLAP - Meataxe Design, Alberonero, Leon Keer, Os Gemeos, Oakoak, Michael Pederson, CLET, Pantonio, James Cochran, Vhils, Kilia Llano, Levalet, David Zinn, FIN DAC, Phillip Adams