A recent study claimed that about half of the things we use today came into existence almost by accident... Post-It notes, Coca-Cola, microwave ovens and Teflon are just a few examples. But what about things that were born out of necessity in our quest to make our lives a little easier?
Here are 24 genius inventions that are set to change our daily lives...
1. Bike tires that don't need an inner tube
2. Slippers with LED lights so you don't need to turn on the lights if you get out of bed during the night
3. The 'Cuddle' mattress that lets you curl up together without getting pins and needles or an arm going numb!
4. A fan designed to blow cool air under the sheets
5. A simple way to prevent light from filtering through closed curtains
6. A flash drive that shows how much space is left
7. Get the 'heat' right with this adjustable bottle
8. A PC webcam that comes with an integrated cover, so you don't need to use bits of paper!
9. A button that you press in the corridor so that you reach the elevator just as it arrives
10. A heated bathroom mirror that prevents steam from building up
11. A belt that's also a tape measure!
12. A door meets ping-pong table!
13. Add up the cost of your groceries while you shop!
14. An umbrella ball to keep you dry on the rainiest of days!
15. A sponge for anyone who loves singing in the shower!
16. Use less water with a toilet that has an integrated sink. The cistern is filled by the water used to wash your hands!
17. Easily see the words you need to highlight!
18. A big toilet roll with a handy smaller one that you can take anywhere!
19. A false ceiling in an OR to help calm down patients
20. We love this pasta-measuring packet!
21. A pharmacy that has a magnifier so you can easily read product labels and ingredients
22. A sanitary seat cover to keep you germ-free!
23. Traffic lights that can be seen from far away
24. Keep fit with this Roller Buggy!