Life can sometimes really suck, so trying to inject a bit of humor is essential if we're to overcome hurdles. Whether we're talking about our family, work or friends, having a good laugh helps us to form close bonds, keeps us together and is the best way to combat the blues.
Here are 22 photos that prove humor rules the world - if it didn't where would mankind be now?
1. "My wife, step-daughter and mother in law, all photographed from behind. Can you tell which one's which?"
2. "I managed to convince my nephews that this was a field of marshmallows!"
3. "Here's the birthday present my mother in law gave me..."
4. "My wife's just been accepted in to the police force, so her sister decided to send her tons of donuts!"
5. "My mother in law thought I'd love this present, but I think I've got a better sense of humor than her! Here's me calling her out!"
6. "My aunt turned up wearing this for a fancy dress family dinner!"
7. "Who said selfies aren't allowed whilst your sister's in labor?"
8. "My son meeting his uncle for the first time..."
9. "My grandmother's 84 years old. When we organized a family meal, she wasn't happy about wearing her nightie in front of everyone, so I decided to support her by wearing one too - and I must say it's really comfy!"
10. "Here's the amazing present I gave to my nephews and nieces this year... Strangely, they don't look too happy...!
11. "My dad's just told another one of his jokes and I decided to immortalize my family's reaction…"
12. "My uncle's just won first prize in a fancy dress competition. He has to be the worst Ursula that I've ever seen!"
13. "My grandad pranked me when I went fishing with him!"
14. "I customized a beach towel for my nephew' - I hope he likes it!"
15. "I sent a text to my girlfriend asking her to send me a photo of her in her underwear and this is what I received..."
16. "My parents told my brother that he once had another brother who turned into a mushroom because he refused to take showers. And to make it more believable, they put a photo of a mushroom in the family album!"
17. "My dad's an obstetrician. He had to work on Christmas Day so decided to dress up for the occasion!"
18. "My little cousin broke a plate and thought my aunt wouldn't notice if he repaired it..."
19. This little American girl asked for 'Frozen' presents and this is what she got..."
20. "My mom sent me this photo! But don't worry - she broke the knife whilst she was preparing a meal!"
21. "My aunt and uncle hung these family photos above the toilet!"
22. "After having seen Tron, my daughter was scared she'd be sucked into her computer. It gave me an idea… This is what she found on the screens the next day!"