It’s common to find pictures in celebrity magazines of movie stars from around the world during their vacations. The paparazzi are always close by to keep an eye on them and get the shot that will make everyone talk.
Celebrities were also followed in the past. But since there were no social networks, their photos are less popular. But a lot of people loved learning about their private lives just as much back then. So, we’d like to invite you to take a look at the past...
1. Arnold Schwarzenegger walking through Munich in swimming trunks in order to promote his own gym, 1969
2. Elvis Presley giving a final touch to his hairdo with the help of a pocket mirror, 1956
3. Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn when filming My Fair Lady in the 1960s. They had to lean rather than sit to keep their clothes neat.
4. Albert Einstein when he was 12 years old, 1891
5. Brigitte Bardot with a bouquet of gladioli
6. Salvador Dali sunbathing on a boat in Port Lligat, Spain, 1953
7. Robert De Niro and Catherine Scorsese (Martin Scorsese’s mother) in the 1980s
8. Donna Summer with her new album, 1976
9. Charlie Chaplin, The Gold Rush, 1925
10. Francis Ford Coppola and Marlon Brando on the set of The Godfather, 1972
11. Abraham Lincoln’s “spirit photograph” by Harry Houdini in the 1920s
12. Prima ballerina, Alicia Markova, 1959
13. Barack Obama riding a tricycle, circa 1965
14. Grace Kelly and her son Albert, 1967
15. Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg taking a break while shooting Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, 1989
16. Brad Pitt, 1988
17. Pablo Picasso and Francoise Gilot with some children in the 1950s
18. Audrey Hepburn during an audition in London, 1948
19. Jack Nicholson in the 1960s
20. Claudia Cardinale, 1962
21. Bill Murray and Sigourney Weaver, 1984
22. Kenny Baker and Muhammad Ali, 1979