Oceans and seas cover more than two thirds of our planet. In the ocean depths, surprising creatures navigate their way around the globe and strange objects may suddenly surface or wash up on the beach. Sadly, our oceans are also becoming increasing polluted by trash. Each year, currents wash things up on our shores that are more than surprising to the people who find them.
Objects and animals that we would never normally see and which may even be unrecognizable. Just check out the following selection of spectacular "finds" that were snapped and shared by those present at the time.
1. A giant turtle!
2. A P-38 fighter that washed up on a beach in Wales
3. UFO debris?
4. An old rusty pistol found at Discovery Park in Seattle
5. Part of a rocket!
6. A family walking along a beach came across this!
7. A strange creature found on Coney Island
8. Giant ice balls floating on the surface
9. A glass beach in Fort Braggs
10. A sculpture by Theo Jansen
11. A message to an unknown mom, written in Korean
12. An old games console
13. This puppy didn't wash up, but boy is he cute!
14. A huge fallen tree