It's not always easy to have to kiss so-and-so on command for the benefit of a movie. And you will see that some actors and actresses didn’t really enjoy doing a kissing scene with their filming partner.
1. Leonardo Dicaprio and Virginie Ledoyen (The Beach)
In an interview, Virginie Ledoyen said that the kiss with Leonardo DiCaprio was one she least enjoyed doing and that DiCaprio wouldn’t make a good lover.
2. Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire (Spiderman)
One of the movie’s legendary scenes is the famous smooch when Tobey Maguire kissed Kirsten Dunst while he was upside-down. Tobey Maguire just hated engaging in this exercise, because he had to remain upside-down for long periods of time, and rain kept getting in his nose during the kiss.
3. Kirsten Dunst and Brad Pitt (Interview with a Vampire)
During filming, Kirsten Dunst was only 11 years old. Kissing a man at that age must not be an easy thing, even if it’s just for a movie. You should know that it was also the first time that Kirsten Dunst kissed a guy.
4. Alyson Hannigan and Jason Segel (“How I Met Your Mother”)
Alyson Hannigan forced Jason Segel to quit smoking, because she couldn’t stand the smell of stale smoke during the kissing scenes. Jason Segel has never smoked another cigarette since that day.
5. Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon (Water for Elephants)
Reese Witherspoon totally hated kissing Robert Pattinson, because unfortunately for her, Pattinson had a bad cold while shooting the kissing scenes. And there’s nothing sexy about kissing someone who has a runny nose.
6. Kate Hudson and Dane Cook (My Best Friend's Girl)
Before shooting the kissing scene, Kate Hudson had a little fun by eating an onion. Inevitably, Dane Cook didn’t enjoy that too much.
7. Tom Cruise and Thandie Newton (Mission Impossible 2)
Nobody likes to kiss someone who drools too much during a kiss. And yet that’s what Thandie Newton had to endure when she had to kiss Tom Cruise.
8. Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller (The Spectacular Now)
In an interview, Miles Teller explained that he hated kissing Shailene Woodley, because she always ate a kind of Chinese herb before a kiss, which had the effect of making their mouths numb for a few minutes.
9. Vanessa Hudgens and James Franco (Spring Breakers)
In an interview, Vanessa Hudgens said the kiss with James Franco was the worst she has had since the beginning of her career.
10. Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth (The Hunger Games - Mockingjay: Part 2)
Liam Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence are very good friends outside of film sets. She had played around by eating garlic and tuna before each kissing scene just to have a little fun.
11. Steve Carell and Dwayne Johnson (Get Smart)
Dwayne Johnson really struggled with accepting having to kiss a man. Producers finally succeeded in convincing him.
12. Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson (Hunger Games)
Josh Hutcherson has often said in various interviews that he didn’t enjoy kissing Jennifer Lawrence without specifying why.
13. Emma Watson and Rupert Grint (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2)
Both actors didn’t really enjoy having to kiss, because they had been friends for over 9 years and they felt the situation was quite bizarre.
14. Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy (Wanted)
In general, love and kissing scenes are shot at the end, so actors will be as comfortable as possible. However, in Wanted, the kissing scene was one of the very first scenes filmed for the movie. And the actors weren’t really comfortable.